Monday, July 24, 2006

Durian Season Is Upon Us Again


Posted the recipe before, but for lack of anything new to post, and also, for the newer readers who might not have seen this before, made my "signature" durian poppy seed cake for friend's birthday last saturday. The recipe has been posted earlier, here, but as I said....nothing new to post.

The stuff on top of the cake is just pure durian, as I found this species that I bought so creamy as it is, it wasnt necessary to add whipped cream. It was a hit, as usual. Ahem.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

first time I was in KL I had a durian milkshake, was horrible. I have had surian before and kind of like it the milkshake sucked all the positives out and only left a retched/vanilly taste. Helped me appreciate durian is best tasted alone, not sure about the cake?

boo_licious said...

Yummy! Sadly I can't make that as no one will appreciate it since I have a non durian loving boyfriend.

Unknown said...

i wan to try!!!!

Anonymous said...

It tasted good man!! I will be getting the wife to bake one. It will be with frozen Thai durian as we the fresh ones are still not available down under.
Tiger